Saturday, June 25, 2011

Servant Leadership

      I'm grateful to be here on project among many leaders. I didn't realize that there are different leadership styles and Ive been excited to see some of those here on this project. I've learned that leaders don't have to be loud, or really confident, demanding or superior. Ive learned that you don't have to be a dominating kind of leader, now I'm thinking that that is not the best way to lead at all. I've seen one of my roommates and one of my best friends here on project lead in very, cool, down to earth, true-to-themselves kind of ways( I hope that made sense). Ive realized that the best kind of leader is a servant leader, a person who leads by serving the people around them out of their love for others. This type of leadership is one that is new to me and that I have not had the opportunity to see many people my age doing, well, I have not really seen many people demonstrate this type of leadership. This type of leadership can be done in our everyday lives and can eventually be a lifestyle.
    I am so excited to have one of my roommates be on of the four leaders on this project who will lead after the staff leave. I am also excited to be one of the bible study leaders here on project.
    Please pray that the Lord will teach me how to be a servant leader. I don't know exactly what that looks like, but I am excited and willing to learn from those around me and from the Lord. Thank you for your continued prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly