Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How Will They Know If We Won't Even Speak?

     This morning we went to do an outreach near downtown Santa Cruz.  We bought biscuits and took them to a store that's similar to home depot where Hispanic men wait to be picked up by any man who needs a worker for the day.  I was able to talk to a man named Mario. He said he was trying to figure out what the truth was, he asked if I thought that God could forgive him and what heaven was like.  He asked how is he to know the truth growing up if his parents didn't search for the truth and how is he to know the truth if people like me don't come and tell him?  That question in the form of a statement really hit me!
    I was able to share the knowing god personally booklet with Him and he knew, understood most of it. He just listened and said thank you for sharing it with me. He kept it and then I asked him if he wanted a Bible and he asked if it was in Spanish and if it was he would take it. I was able to write in the cover a couple of passages and verses to check out and he told me of his upcoming eye surgery on the 25th  of July. He thanked me and said that He would read it.
    Prayer request: That the Lord would reveal himself through his word and that He will see that the Lord is the way the truth and the light.
    Praise report:  Relationships with room mates are wonderful, we have been able to pray with each other, and laugh together and build each other up. These girls are so wonderful! I am so glad the Lord put us all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly