Thursday, June 23, 2011

Big Ol' Kool-Aid Smile

I just wanted to take the time to explain how thankful I am to have the opportunity to be here. I am still so surprised and in awe of the fact that I am here. I am so thankful that the Lord led me here, He guided me, and walked this path before me. He orchestrated every tiny detail of this project, from my schedule every week so that I can meet different co-workers to when and where we do outreaches and what student we are paired with. I love that even though the Lord is so big that He cares about the little tiny details. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be here, to learn to serve the Lord, love others well, and to be mission minded daily. I am so thankful for the girls that He has placed me with. My roommates and I get along very well. We are learning to encourage and love one another well. Each is so absolutely different and beautiful, they each add a different little something to the room. They absolutely love the Lord and are seeking Him. I am so excited to be rooming with these girls. The other students on this project are also so loving, accepting, encouraging, and bold.  This is such a loving community and very inviting place. I am so thankful that there is a peace here at the Peter Pan Motel, I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit is here and is moving in our hearts and lives, and in the hearts and lives of the people in Santa Cruz, these beach flats, and this state.

Prayer:   Lord, I pray that we will have pure motives. That we will genuinely seek You and Your face, Your will for this summer and for our lives. Please lead is and guide us. Thank you for your love, your power, your strength.  Lord help us realize that we are here to portray your grace, your beauty, your glory, and who You are. Thank you for choosing to let us be a part of what you are doing here in the beach flats of the city of Santa Cruz. Lord thank you for being about all the tiny details and for the way that you move an work. Lord you are so awesome and Lord I hope that you have a Big Ol' Kool-Aid smile when you look down at your children here in Santa Cruz this summer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly