Monday, June 13, 2011

Life Working on the Boardwalk

     I am working for a family company called Sun Shops that owns about twelve surf shops/kiosks in Santa Cruz, around eight of those are on the boardwalk. I thought I was going to be working for this company on the boardwalk in one store for the entire summer. I started work last Saturday June 4th I believe and have been in a different shop every day, I was not expecting or wanting the above.
       I know that the reason we are working these jobs is to share Christ and I was really upset with being thrown into this job and not having someone hold my hand through my first couple days of work. I d. This job is in some ways my first job and I was discouraged because was overwhelmed with learning all about working in a retail business and also being mission minded; I was wanting to have conversations with co-workers pr getting to know them like I wanted to. On Wednesday and Thursday, my third and fourth day on the job, I worked at a store all by myself, let me clarify.  My third day of work I was scheduled to work at a store all by myself, I was excited and really nervous, but excited to be by myself because I needed some alone time. After about five hours of working by myself, I was done being along and the following day I had to work in a kiosk. I was discouraged because I was not really building relationships with coworkers and was not engaging them in spiritual conversations or inviting them to events. I was really discouraged and I cried out to the Lord explaining how I felt and all my thoughts. I really want to learn to come to the Lord and vent all the time and constantly to be in prayer.
      On Friday, my fifth day on the job, I met a guy named Edgar, we worked together in a small space where people buy pictures of their expressions at the top of the massive drop of a popular water ride here on the boardwalk. Here we are known as "Christian Crusaders," and coworkers often ask if what we are. He asked if I was a "crusader" at the beginning of the work day and I didn't think too much of it. Through out the day we got to know each other and then asked if I grew up in religion. And later asked what the difference between Catholicism and Christianity was. He has great questions and is hungry for truth and I am thankful for the opportunity to answer his questions, share my testimony, and the Gospel with him.  He listened intently and said that it was the second time someone has explained the Gospel.
    Prayer request: Please pray that his eyes will be opened to the truth and that he will continue to hungrily seek the truth. He has been to crusade summer project events before and says he is interested in coming to the barn party this Saturday June 18th, please pray that the Lord will continue to soften His heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly