Thursday, June 23, 2011

He Can Meet Us Where We Are

My quiet place in Santa Cruz, CA :)
   I have yet to share this but when I first arrived on project I felt that the Lord was really far away.  I did not understand why I couldn't feel Him and I cried out explaining that if anything, I thought I was supposed to feel the Lord closer to me now than ever before.  I felt really discouraged and disconnected from the Lord. I explained these thoughts and what I was feeling with my bible study/action group leader here on project. She shared with me that with our walk with the Lord we go through different seasons and she was explaining that in this season I may feel that the Lord is far away and He may be teaching me to rely fully on Him and not to trust in my feelings. She said that this also may be a loud season in my time with the Lord where I need to come to the Lord honestly and tell Him what is going on. She encourage me to explain to the Lord what was going on and how I was feeling, explaining that I am doing my best to get away from the noise to have my quiet time and she suggested that I ask the Lord to meet me where I am,  help me to focus on Him, and for Him to just meet me during this time.
   The other day I found a quiet spot to have my quiet time and then as soon as I opened up in prayer and began my quiet time there were distractions all around me. I was really frustrated and confused because I thought everything was going to be quiet that morning. I explained to the Lord what was going on, how I was feeling, and asked Him if He could meet me half-way, if He could bless this time we had together, and if He could still speak to me amongst all of these distractions. I was able to have a really great time with the Lord and just be in His presence and I was not distracted at all, it was so great to see how the Lord could help me focus and how I had a beautiful quiet time after I asked Him if he could meet me where I was.
    Prayer: I am so thankful Lord for how you care about the little and big details of our lives. Thank you that you hear me every single time that I cry out to you and for being so faithful in answering prayers. Thank you so much for meeting me where I was and for the way that you lead and guide me. Thank you, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly