Monday, June 20, 2011

Salty Conversations

     It is so easy for me to have a conversation with people and vent about life, but then I often begin complaining.  I came across this verse earlier during my quiet time at the beginning of the summer. Colossians 4:6 says, Let your conversations be always full of grace, seasoned with salt so that you may given an answer to anyone who asks.
     I've realized that I have been excited about diving into the Lord's word and learning, I learn great lessons during my quiet times, while not applying what I learned. I decided to memorize this verse and others. My prayer is that the Holy Spirit bring these verses to remembrance during moments of my day when I give into doing things my way and essentially not obeying Jesus.
     It has been excited to memorize this verse and to have the Holy Spirit nudge me when my conversations are not full of grace or salty.
     It was also very exiting when my Step-dad prayed this verse over me the day after I memorized this verse. I believe that his prayer was confirmation that I was focusing on and learning what the Lord wanted me to focus on.
    Prayer: Thank you Lord for your Holy Spirit and for how your Holy Spirit can nudge me when I am not being obedient to you. Thank you Lord that you gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank you that we can enter into your presence and sit at your feet. Thank you that you hear us, thank you for who you are Lord. Thank you for being the perfect Father and for teaching me who You are while I'm here in Santa Cruz. Goodnight Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly