Friday, May 27, 2011

Taking In the Scenery

     I made it to California! I am so excited to be here.  I arrived yesterday and have been working hard alongside eight other students and the staff here.  Yesterday I would look around and kind of shake my head in disbelief.  I couldn't believe that I was here, its crazy to talk about being excited about summer project with friends and family and then to be here.  I'm just taking it all in.  There are about 50 to 60 thousand people living in this city.  Ive seen many with out homes, some as young as I am.  Please pray that the Lord will remind the students on this project that our hope is found in the Lord and to speak with excitement about this beautiful hope.
      I know I am here for a reason and that the Lord wants me here.  I look around and for the first time I don't see buildings, but so many faces, a spiritually needy city/community.  We are essentially setting up in the enemy's camp, but I believe the Lord desperately wants to see Santa Cruz claimed for Him, and truly captivated by the opportunity to have a relationship with Him.  I am thankful that we have access to the Prince of Peace, to our Heavenly Father.

    This blog is here to tell of this adventure and I would love to end each blog post with a prayer request and praise report. There is power and prayer and I am excited to also share praise reports, reports about the Lord answering prayers.  Thank you to those who have been in prayer for me through out this journey of coming on project.  I am so thankful for your prayers!
      PRAYER REQUEST:  Please pray that we (all 60 students on summer project) will go out into this community, even if its just to run an errand, pray that we will be light, salty, and showcase hope and love that we find in Christ on our faces and through our actions.
  PRAISE REPORT: all students arrived safely to help set up the Peter Pan.  thank you for those who have prayed specifically for peace, getting ready, traveling, and arriving here is quit adventurous but this whole process, from the praying while filling out the application to arriving-- I have had an overwhelming, indescribable peace that I am in awe of. Thank you for praying for peace. I feel His peace and it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly