Friday, August 31, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Change

    A night of homework sitting at my desk is what I had planned. It was 10:40 p.m. I had headphones in both ears as I sat in front of my laptop, the lights were off, my roommate's soft classical music was playing, and the ac unit running. Over the noise I somehow heard a short knock on my door, stared at the door, and after several seconds decided to become "Agent Bev," and do some investigating in the hall. My investigation lasted only from the door I was sitting in until three seconds after I closed the door to my room. My sweet neighbor quickly said, "I have a doubt," and ran around the corner into her room. I made sense of the quick, mumbled yet frantic four words after entering her dorm room and skimming her email. All she had to do was leave the dorm and walk around the corner to an office to pick up a few items, one being her passport...yikes...at the front desk. She had absolutely no idea where the building was and what to do next. I put on my flip flops, grabbed my keys, and we ventured out into the warm summer night together. We laughed as we talked and she was no longer worried.
     I have been living in a dorm for the first time in my life for a little over three weeks and I strongly desire to live a "interrupted life." I am so thankful for these little divine appointments and I pray He will help me to be willing to change my plans and just be a part of what has been a part of His plan all along. 
Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. love this girl!! "living an interrupted life" beautifully said and convicting for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being open to His "divine appointments" is so important. I, being an extrovert, need to be connected to the Source because I can easily be drawn here and there and not attend to what He wants me to focus. Sometimes it is my excuse for not doing what I should be doing. Or saying "no" is my excuse for not wanting to be bothered. Saying, "Yes," to Him never outweighs the benefits of the no's we had to say. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly