Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why is that?

    "Why is that?" my friend asked. One of the girls on my hall is from India. She has been in the United States for almost two months which has lead to wonderful and challenging questions. Our chat was a series of stories that somehow led to her statement, "All the people in India are fat and here they are all skinny," she continued and asked, "Why is that?"
     I explained that in the U.S. movies, television, movies, and magazines place value on a woman being skinny and small. In retrospect my answer was somewhat valid, but I failed to address the root of the issue. I may have figuratively taken her hand and helped her understand, but what I did not realize was that I needed someone to take me by the hand and help me understand.
    The Holy Spirit took my hand and took me a little deeper. We as women have sadly bought the lie that Satan held out. We've bought the lies about what we "ought to look like." We took the lies and we ran with them.
    I've bought the lies and run with them. I've run beside them in a few different seasons of my life. Jesus lovingly grabbed a hold of me, specifically my thoughts and heart.
    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14   Jesus Christ created each of us! He knit each us together! How special and marvelous is the truth that He took the time to knit us together!
    It is never too late to ask Him to grab a hold of our thoughts and heart.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly