Friday, August 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Join

     Join. It has been what we as Crusade ( normally called Cru) students have been trying to encourage freshmen and transfer students to do, simply join us! Since August 10 we have been reppin' our Cru t-shirts and spreading the word about Cru on our college campus!
     I was reflecting on the strong desire we have as Cru students for others to join this ministry yet I felt the Lord asking me personally what my focus is. Is my focus on simply trying to get students to check out and potentially join Cru or is it for them to join in hopes that they would seek out and/or continue their personal relationship with Jesus? Hhmm....food for thought.
    I am so encouraged to be surround by students involved in Cru who desire for others to join so they too may experience this loving community and most importantly experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head! Join = relationship!! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are looking at the why behind the what! Great post! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, we should never allow our service to become our focus. The one we serve, our Lord Jesus, he should remain our focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, keep it up!! Crusade is the thing that got me through my early days at JMU and is where I built friendships and got to recognize faces on a campus full of friendly strangers. It's also the first place i was truly introduced to Bible study and small groups - and I was raised in church 3 times a week. I have quite a few friends on staff across the country. I'd love to pray for your campus if you feel comfortable with sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly