Sunday, January 15, 2012

The gentle, "No Bev."

      There definitely have been moments where Jesus has answered my prayers with a gentle and firm, yet oh so quiet, "No Bev.” There have been moments when He has answered with, "No," and I have not understood why.
      I am so glad that Jesus Christ is the ultimate authority. I love that he knows and wants what is best for me. It is humbling to think about how He knows what is best for me and wants that for me even more than I want it for myself.
     I love, love, love the times that I get to stand back in awe of Jesus especially after enduring something difficult. I love, love, love the times in my life where I can look back and think: "Wow Jesus, that was perfect," "That experience was so great," "it was totally in your timing, and thank you so much Jesus that you orchestrated it that way," and "Thank you Jesus for what You did in that situation."
     Jesus I acknowledge Your fingerprints all over every situation, circumstance, season, minute, moment in my life and I praise you for who You are and for always holding my hand.
     I am so thankful that the Holy Spirit helped me to hear His quiet and gentle, "No bev," no matter what the reason or circumstance. If the "No Bev," is about a decision that has to be made about how I spend an afternoon, a day, a weekend, a week, a season, or a year I want to be wherever it is that He wants me to be. I want to be in tune with the Jesus and keep in step with the Holy Spirit, even so I can hear His quiet, "No Bev."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly