Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is There Untapped Freedom?

Is there beauty in being transparent? Is there beauty or freedom in being completely honest with absolutely everyone? Is there untapped freedom? 

    Often within the past year I have felt like I have stopped myself from sharing my whole heart in conversations, in sharing revelations with beautiful friend overs lunch, I have not obeyed, I have greived the Holy Spirit. I have often found myself not sharing something that is really deep, a pain, a broken area of my life, or even something the Lord has whispered to me. I have often not blogged about something because it was something painful or "too personal," or about something that is near to my heart that I just don't feel like sharing, even though deep down I know I ought to share. And after I wave goodbye to opportunities to share, after I have disobeyed, after I have let my pride get in the way. I am so disappointed in myself!
     I think it is scary to be completely 100% honest with others and to share my heart. I have often sat alone at the end of lunch with a friend, a conversation, or beside my laptop with a blog entry that was never posted or that was shortened and ask myself: "Why?"
   The real deal:
    This blog was created with a my eyes only policy. This blog is not advertised by word of mouth. If you're reading this you may have found the link from facebook or we may have ended up having a conversation and somehow You found out I blogged and here you are. To be completely honest the idea of you reading this scares me more than anything in the world, but please continue reading. I hope you are encouraged by whatever you find here.
     This blog is me. It's all of me. It's my heart on a plate being served for whoever wants to read.
 At this point in my life I would much rather live on the edge of being 100% me than holding back. What's the fun or freedom in that? There is none.
     This year I will be praying that the Lord will help me to be honest with the people around me and be honest in my posts on this blog and I pray that He will use this blog for His glory, that you and others, that whoever reads this will be encouraged and pointed to Jesus Christ.
     It is so interesting that the word freedom has been on my heart for a long time. I used to think that was a word for another girl, but it was for me. I needed to be reminded that I was set free. I needed to be reminded that I AM FREE.
    I asked the Lord in September of 2011 if He would talk away my insecurities and give me confidence. I waited and waited and was frustrated that I still felt the same and that the Lord had not answered my prayer by saying, "Yes." I don't know if there was an exact moment when it happened, but all I know is that over the course of the winter conference He took away my insecurities and gave me confidence. He just did something inside of me, I don't know what He did, but I know that He freed me.
    Is there beauty in being transparent? Is there untapped freedom? I believe there is!
    There is freedom in tears. There is healing and freedom and that comes when you tell your story. There is freedom in sharing where you are in your walk, on your journey with Jesus Christ. There is freedom in sharing with others that you are walking through with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly