Friday, January 13, 2012

Don't Let Satan Swipe Your Joy Card


Swiper sneaking up on Dora and Boots!
     As I sit here on the ground in between bookshelves at school I have been thinking about how there has been such an intense and really very heavy battle going on for my joy, it is totally unreal. I knew that once I got back from Santa Cruz that my life was going to change and be difficult, I do believe the holy spirit gave me a heads up about the season to come, but I honestly did not think it was going to be this difficult! I genuinely did not realize the next season of my life was going to be the most challenging season of my life. I did not and do not know how long this season is going to last, but I am holding onto Jesus with all that I am.
    I believe that Jesus Christ is at work all the time, but for whatever reason sometimes we see it and other times we do not. The past couple of weeks I have seen Him answering prayers in huge ways and moving a lot. It has been so amazing to have received freedom from insecurities, freedom from the bondage of unforgiveness that I had allowed myself to be enslaved to. I love how He has shown me the freedom He has given me to be honest with my friends, by genuinely being me and totally pouring out my heart and by just being me no matter how weird, silly, or serious I happen to end up being. I am so thankful for the freedom that the Lord has given me.  I felt like the holy spirit was going...hold on to Jesus Bevy, hold on.
     I know the following is going to be silly... but I see Swiper from Dora to be somewhat equivalent to Satan. Hold on...let me explain. I hope this makes sense... Swiper from Dora is a sneaky fox that tries to steal key elements that Dora needs in order to accomplish her mission; reaching her destination. I think we all have a JOY card and its up to us whether we allow it to get swiped; taken from us. I believe Satan acts similarly to Swiper and tries to steal it. In the show Dora can say "Swiper no Swiping," in order for him to stop what it is that He is doing. I think that in my life I totally have to pray and ask the Lord to help me, to fight through the power of the Holy Spirit, through the resurrection power to help me to not allow Satan to swipe my JOY card.
    To be honest I can name a few very close girl friends that always have a smile on their faces and I know it is the Jesus in them that totally radiates on their faces.
    My prayer: Dear Jesus, I thank you so much for this day and I ask that you help me to not allow Satan to swipe my JOY card. Jesus I want the joy that I have found in You to radiate all over my face that others may see the joy and peace that I have and wonder what it is that is different about me so that I can tell them about my awesome daddy! There has been such a fight for my joy and in Jesus name please give me strength to not allow swiper-Satan to not steal my JOY card. Thank you Jesus for never leaving me nor forsaking me. In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly