Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Best Summer of My Life

I wanted to apologize for not keeping my word and not blogging consistently throughout this summer.
    Today is August 3rd and I feel like just yesterday I was on the phone with my mom expressing that half of the summer was complete. This summer absolutely flew by and I have no idea where to begin expressing what has happened this summer.
  The last week of work was exciting and sad all at the same time. I tried to be really intentional and invite my co-workers to our last events and I was so excited to have a couple of girls come and visit us for lunch and for our last party.
  As I worked my last day at Sun Shops I was able to talk to a co-worker and tell her about the job that she would be doing because it was her first day. It was a really bitter-sweet experience, but I loved every second of it.
---I have a lot of thoughts and things to share, so here we go.

       Thank you so much to all of you who prayed for me, one thing that I am really excited about is the fact that the Lord really changed me perspective about life and specifically about the job.  On day two of my job I had this thought: I really need to do a great job so the owner of Sun Shops will be happy and pleased with me, but the Holy Spirit totally took that thought captive and I had a quick thought and heart change. Right after that thought I understood that my perspective was wrong and that I need to be working and serving the Lord and looking for His approval, I needed to please the Lord. I then realized that the Lord owns everything anyway and that the Lord is my boss and looked at my job like my daddy, my heavenly father is the owner and I get to work at His store. So I would work really hard and make sure that I did my best at work for my daddy.
      My last day of work at Sun Shops was on Saturday July 30 and that night we had our last theme party, a luau and that was wonderful. On Sunday we left for Yosemite National Park. This was a project trip and although we had difficulty getting there we got there in about four hours and we had a relaxed ride over there. We got to the ledge near the park, settled in, packed our Pb&j and had dinner and worship at the park. We got the chance to see clouds and the sunset over the mountains and half dome and it was so beautiful. We got to pray up there and it was so silent besides the rush of the waterfall and it was such a beautiful sound. Then on Monday a group of 19 of us left at 10 am to go on a 13 mile hike in Yosemite! It was so beautiful and we had a great time on an 8 mile hike through the valley and we got to climb rocks onto the waterfall and it was so adventurous and I loved every second of it. I loved being able to take the time to enjoy hiking, taking pictures, and mostly being in awe of the chance to see the Lord's beauty displayed all around me. I loved being at the park. We hiked for a while and we all left the park around 5. We had dinner together, played some games, and then went swimming. We left to come back here to the peter pan at 11. We are back at the pan, I've started packing my suitcase today and tomorrow and Thursday we are cleaning up the peter pan. If we finish on thursday then on Friday we get one final fun day together as a project on the beach and enjoy Santa Cruz. Saturday will be a long day waiting for my flight back home and I get back on Sunday.
     I know that this summer is just one season of my life and it was been absolutely wonderful, but I'm almost ready to go back home, get in the swing of things, and live life intentionally for Jesus.
     This has been the most difficult, but most beautiful summer of my life and I feel like I could never thank Jesus enough for letting me come on this project.  I am so humbled to have had the opportunity to come on a summer project! Thank you Jesus for the best summer of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly