Monday, July 9, 2012

Pressing Into Christ Through Prayer

       I am very thankful to have been encouraged by a friend to,"press into Christ." At first I was somewhat confused as to how to do that. I later learned prayer is one way in which I can press into Jesus Christ. I am prideful and it is challenging to stop what I'm doing to be still and pray. Living out 1st Thessalonians 5: 17, where the word says, "pray continually," and that is challenging at times. It takes effort on my part to stop my restless self and be still before Jesus.
      There are days in which I have chosen to harbor bitterness against loved ones. I have brushed passed people and circumstances in bitterness, allowing bitterness to make a home in my heart, and choosing my way over Christ's. I am praying that Christ would help me not to harbor bitterness in my heart. The word says, "Each heart knows its own bitterness and no one else can share in its joy," in Proverbs 14:10. I do not want to have a bitter heart and I want to share the joy that Christ has given me.
      The above two lessons are ones that through the power of the Holy Spirit I can apply in practical ways. The Holy Spirit can totally gently nudge our arm when I need to press into Christ through prayer and ask Jesus to help me not to harbor bitterness and additionally to help me to truly forgive others.
    In what ways do you think you have been challenged or encouraged to press into Christ this past week or coming week?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it! -Beverly